I will succeed for you.

Time is ticking, are you still young?
Are your parents tired... 
Because the sun is searching for aging souls, 
and in my life time, I intend to flare my ambitions until my mother
can cool a volcano off with tears of joy
I owe you mom
You give everything, for me to have it all

How many years must I watch your bones moan their complaints from the inside of your skin

You have been picking up the sunsets of other universes, except your own

I watch the skip in between each of your steps, as if the pain in your waist were a dance

…But you are tired

And you awaken, before the birds have finished dreaming
To prepare for another day-
Of counting an old mans breathing

Hands, heavy from catching his tears
That spine creaks while you scrub the imperfections off his back

Ears, echoing his life story like a sad cave
Your patience flickers as his blood is cleansed weekly for dialysis.

Aside from taking care of 3 grown children

The life of an old man has become the supplier of your thinning back account

Mother, you have worked enough…

But you seem to never give up

What ocean carried such a heavy spirit with a heart as bright as gold, to a land where those hopes you harbored would be falling through the drain of the bathrooms you clean every week

Tell me mother...
Tell me again the story of your voyage
Where you dragged your sunbathed body through a desert full of vultures and coyotes, for a child sleeping soundly in your belly

Do you still see the sand slipping gently down those rigid hands every time you cash in that empty check?

Tell me again about the factories you used to work in
 Sowing sweat onto those endless hours
Just to go home and continue weaving-
Stitching the future of your children together

Did leaning forward make your back stronger?
Because mother… you do not walk straight anymore


           
Mother, you have labored stars into existence
But I can see your flare withering away…
Because all you’ve ever done, is try to keep this solar system together
By tearing yourself apart.